Cisco Technical Support Engineer – Full-time employment opportunity
NetStream Technology Inc. is currently accepting resumes for a Technical Support Engineer. This is a mid-level role with a minimum of 50% travel to customer sites in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our ideal candidate has worked with Cisco technologies for a minimum of three years and has outstanding technical aptitude.
Cisco Technical Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Act as a professional technical representative of the NetStream Team in customer facing situations
- Provide project-driven support for technical initiatives ranging from enterprise network infrastructure, IT security, wireless networking, and IP telephony projects
- Research customer-reported problems, clarify information, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Deploy new hardware and software at customer sites; configure Cisco devices
- Develop project plans; document workflow and project status; create technical documentation for end-user customers and management
- Open Cisco TAC cases on behalf of NETCARE customers and remain on the case through resolution
- Provide after-hours and on-call support on a team rotation basis
Cisco Technical Support Engineer Experience/Skills:
- Strong Cisco foundational skills (Cisco routers, switches, wireless access points/controllers, firewalls)
- Cisco telephony (IP Phones, Call Manager) design, deployment and troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Cisco iOS, programming skills/application troubleshooting skills are a big plus
- Experience with OSPF and EIGRP protocols
- Understanding of Cisco Collaboration and WebEx Teams
- Project deployment experience from beginning to end as a Lead, Engineer, or Project Manager
- Systems integration experience, such as virtualization or cloud migration is a plus
- Advanced Cisco IT Security experience is a plus (Firepower NGFW, Stealthwatch, ISE, Umbrella, AMP for Endpoints)
- Interpersonal skills are key to the success of this role; excellent verbal communication skills, technical research skills, and professional customer-facing skills are required
- Required: a Cisco certification (CCNA/CCNP or CCNA/CCNP-Voice)
NetStream Technology Inc. offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Base Salary – Based on Experience
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Certification Test Expense Reimbursement
- Access to Technical Mentors
- Flexible Workplace
- Discretionary Performance-Based Bonuses
NetStream Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.